11 weeks to Craze Ultra Marathon (12 - 13 Aug 2017)

Sunday 21 May 2017


Other links you might be interested with: 
BACKGROUND

Running Guild is organising Craze Ultra Marathon on 12 Aug 2017. There are 4 categories for runners to sign up (43km, 74km, 101km and 100miles. Similar to last year, I will be participating in the 101km category.

Craze Ultra 101km Running Route (Recorded using my GPS Watch in 2016)
TRAINING
To prepare for this event, I intend to condition my body by clocking sufficient mileages. If time and physical condition permits, I aim to clock a weekly mileage of 60-70km ONE month before the event. Also, I aim to do a back-to-back (B2B) run (25 -30 km each on Sat and Sun) 3 weeks before the event.

To date, I have clocked an accumulated weekly mileage of 50 km, and completed a half marathon within 3 hours. Compared to last year, my training has started early. This is to allow more flexibility for contingencies planning (especially after I have changed my job posting not long ago).


ON MIND AND BODY

The body and mind are adapting to the training well. Since April, I have been waking up early to run and had lost some weight (~1kg). Running in adverse weather condition and running in loops also build up my mental toughness. Physically, I am still experiencing aches on my "recovered" left ankle. 

The last thing I need for the race is an agitated old injury. I will need to spend more time to rehab it. 

Pouring during one of my Training Runs

ON EQUIPPING

I have purchased these amazingly cheap gears online. Although the saying goes, "Cheap is never good", I have confidence that these cheap gears can last me till the end of this event.

Aonijie Hydration Vest, Hydration Bag(1.5l) and Bottle (500ml)
CONCLUSION
I will provide more updates when we come nearer to the event. In the mean time, all the best to your trainings and cya on event day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY